Creative Outdoor Event Signage Ideas
Outdoor signage can make or break a big event. This one key decor element can help you direct foot traffic, point out important locations, advertise the event schedule, and promote your organization all at once.
While even simple signs are better than none, the best event signage breaks from tradition to make a truly memorable impression. Here are a few creative event sign ideas you can use to make better outdoor business signs for your next big event.
What Are Examples of Creative Signage?
There are so many more options for outdoor signs beyond your basic posters and A-frame signs. You can make these signs out of almost any material that has been properly weatherproofed. Try using the following outdoor signs for business:
- Digital signs and billboards with interactive or real-time content
- Environmentally friendly signs made of recycled materials or wood
- Chalkboard signs with personalized messaging
- Fabric banners hung in unusual places, such as between trees or from a drone
Innovative Outdoor Event Signage Ideas
1. Freestanding Oversized Signage
Have you ever considered making your freestanding signs larger than life? Bigger signs grab people’s attention more easily, ensuring that your message doesn’t get overlooked. They may even prompt your guests to take pictures of the sign and post them to social media, increasing your event’s visibility and reach.
2. Directional Signage
Directional signs (also known as building signs when used indoors) help attendees navigate your event by pointing them in the direction of key locations like stages and restrooms. Guests will appreciate even the most basic directional signage but consider tailoring your signs to match your brand’s aesthetic. This will make your signs stand out from their surroundings, make them more memorable, and reinforce your guests’ positive perceptions of your brand.
3. Outdoor Reader Boards
Outdoor reader boards are large signs that are used to communicate up-to-the-minute information to event attendees. They are often digital due to the ease of updating digital signs. They’re extremely durable and easy to see, making them perfect for places like parks and fairgrounds.
4. Furniture Signage
Furniture signage is an unconventional form of exterior signage that turns the event furniture into promotional tools for your brand. Print your company’s logo on the seat or backrest of chairs or on the tablecloths covering the event tables. This way, attendees will see your branding multiple times during the event and keep thinking of your business throughout the day.
5. Acrylic Floating Signs
Acrylic floating signs print your business name, logo, and other information on clear acrylic plastic that makes it look like those details are floating in mid-air. These signs are ideal for events and businesses with a modern edge. Place them on tabletops or hang them from the ceiling to draw people’s eyes and make a lasting impression.
6. Vinyl Decals
Vinyl decals are another unconventional type of event signage. These signs are very affordable and easy to put up and take down, making them perfect for temporary applications like this. Pair your decals with interesting lighting effects to highlight them even more and maybe even tempt some attendees to post pictures of them on Instagram.
7. Wooden Signs
Wooden signs are an eco-friendly alternative to typical plastic or metal signs. In addition to their green benefits, they also bring plenty of rustic charm to outdoor events. Consider using these business signs outdoors to display directional information or scheduling details to make your event feel more organic and inviting.
8. Stair Wraps
Stair wraps make great outdoor signs, especially when the event is taking place on multiple levels of a structure. Apply a decal to each step or to each of the risers holding the steps up. You’ll make use of frequently overlooked space and leave a lasting impression on your audience.
9. Floor Graphics
Your guests won’t be able to help looking down at the floor from time to time during your event, so take advantage of this by placing some floor graphics beneath their feet. You can stick to just your business name and logo, incorporate floor decals into your directional signage strategy, or even create fun interactive game spaces with the decals.
Tips For Making the Best Outdoor Event Signs
If you’re ready to start creating your own outdoor event signs, there are a few things you should keep in mind. Follow these guidelines to design signs that will be as effective as they are innovative.
- Opt For Readable Dimensions. Make sure your sign is large enough to read easily from a distance. If you plan to display your sign above eye level, it will need to be even bigger to capture people’s attention.
- Branding Is Key. Include your company or event logo on each sign. The more your guests see it, the more they will remember it later on.
- Cohesive Aesthetics. Your signs should all look like they belong together. Choose similar colours and fonts and stick with those choices for all of your Strategic Placement. Place your signs in spots where they will be most easily noticed. This includes obvious locations like entrances and intersections as well as gathering hubs like food stalls and restrooms.
- Weather-Resilient Materials. If your signs may be exposed to inclement weather, make sure they are built to stand up to those forces. Choosing durable weatherproof materials like aluminum ensures that your event signs will stay standing, rain or shine.
- Ink And Print Quality. Exterior signage must be printed using UV-resistant ink to avoid fading in direct sunlight.
Get Creative Outdoor Signs in Toronto with The Sign & Graphics Manufaktur
Seize your guests’ attention during your next event with custom outdoor signage by The Sign & Graphics Manufaktur. Whether you have a bold new idea in mind or need some help coming up with signage that will stick with people, our team will get the job done. Contact us today to discuss your outdoor event signage needs and start crafting signs that are sure to make your audience take notice.Back