6 Common Questions About Real Estate Signs
Real estate “For Sale” signs are an integral part of every realtor’s toolkit. Signs help agents reach new audiences and drum up curiosity about the home being listed.
If you haven’t made much use of real estate signs yet, it’s never too late to start. To help kickstart the process, we’ve answered 6 of the most common questions we receive about real estate signs.
Top 6 Questions About Real Estate Signs
What Size Are Most Real Estate Signs?
Real estate signs vary in size depending on their format.
- H-frames and A-frame boards are the most standardized options, usually measuring 24” by 18”.
- Real estate signposts are usually around 30” by 55”, not including the post itself.
- Feather flags are usually 6’ to 8’ but can be made much larger if needed.
- Window decals can be almost any size you want, from just a few inches tall to massive displays that cover an entire office window. Ask your sign company for further details if you’re interested!
Where Should You Place Your Real Estate Sign?
Place your real estate signs in high-traffic areas where they will be seen by as many people as possible. Be sure to walk past the sign from a few different directions to check whether it’s easy to see from all angles. You should also check with the local homeowners’ association to ensure that your signs comply with any rules they might have in place.
Sometimes, it’s best to put real estate signs near busy intersections or other places where lots of people gather, even if these places aren’t within sight of the home you’re representing. If you do this, include the home’s address in a highly visible place so that people who see it know where to go to get a better look at the home.
What Are Most Real Estate Signs Made Of?
Most A-frame and H-frame sign frames are made from wood, aluminum, or plastic. Post signs are usually made of wood. The signs themselves are printed on corrugated cardboard or plastic. Real estate banners and flags are usually printed on vinyl.
What Makes a Great Real Estate Sign?
The best real estate signs do three things well:
- They capture people’s attention with bright colours and an interesting design.
- They let people know that you are a realtor who can help them buy or sell properties.
- They direct people to contact you by clearly displaying your contact information, including your phone number, email address, and office address.
How Do I Create a Real Estate Sign?
Making custom real estate signs is easier than you think – as long as you have a great sign designer to help you, that is! You’ll need to provide your designer with your contact information and professional designation, as well as any information about your real estate specialties. After this, just choose your colours and theming, and your designer will take care of the rest.
What Colours Should You Use on Your Real Estate Signage?
Colour choice greatly impacts a sign’s effectiveness. For maximum impact, choose your sign’s colours based on what you want your audience to do. For example, red hues are excellent for compelling people to do things, such as visiting your website or giving you a call. Blue hues, on the other hand, encourage your audience to trust you and feel comfortable accepting your guidance.
Drive Incredible Results with Real Estate Signs Designed by the Experts
If your real estate signs aren’t generating many leads, you’re missing out on a golden opportunity. The Sign & Graphics Manufaktur is here to change that. We’re a leading real estate sign and print provider for realtors all around the GTA. Contact us today and let our design team create some standout real estate sign designs for your growing business.